Following the ban from Google to all employees to stop making use of the Zoom conference video app during the work from home to get in touch, the pressure is high for users who are eager to delete their accounts permanently from the app.
This is so after the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) declared the Zoom app unsafe. The group video call app was reported to only been about security glitches, possible hacks, and password leaks. Although the App has been receiving updates recently that tout to stabilize its security.
As a public blog, we are here to give a step by step guide on how to delete Zoom Account Permanently to those who which to exit from it forever.
Deleting of Zoom Account comprises of two different accounts, the Basic user and the Licensed user. The Basic or Free Zoom user can delete their Zoom account at any time easily. However, the paid Zoom user will need to cancel their subscription before they can terminate their account.
Notably, Zoom user cannot delete their account from the Zoom mobile apps, they will have to do it on the Web portal only.
How to delete Zoom account for Basic or Free user
1. Goto the Zoom Web portal on your browser and sign in using your account details.
2. Once signed in, Click Account Management on the left menu.
3. Click Account Profile and look for Terminate Your Account option
4. Immediately you click on Terminate Your Account, Zoom will double-check by asking ‘Are you sure to terminate your account?’
5. By clicking on ‘Yes’, you will be redirected to the Zoom homepage and briefly shown a message that your account termination was successful.
You can equally abort the process by selecting ‘No’ if you have a change of heart and decide to keep it.
How to Delete Zoom account for Licensed or Paid user
1. Head to the Zoom Web portal on your browser and sign in using your account.
2. Click on Account Management on the left menu. And click on Billing.
3. On the Current Plans tab, select the Cancel Subscription option to stop your automatic subscription renewal.
4. Zoom will reconfirm whether you want to really cancel the subscription. Click again on the Cancel Subscription button.
5. Question asking users why they no longer wish to use the paid plan or renew the subscription will surface. Select the option that suits your logic best, and click Submit.
Once you finish this step, your plan status will have changed to Cancelled. This doesn’t mean that your current subscription is revoked. It only means that the plan will not be reactivated automatically once the subscription date ends.
6. If your subscription renewal has deactivated, you can click Account Management > Account Profile > Terminate Your Account.
7. After you click on Terminate Your Account, Zoom will double-check by asking ‘Are you sure to terminate your account?’
By clicking on ‘Yes’, you will be redirected to the Zoom homepage and briefly shown a message that your account termination was successful.