The Chinese chip maker ‘MediaTek’ has officially announced MediaTek Helio G70 Mid-Range SoC. The new Helio G70 uses an 8-core 64-bit design, with four Cortex A75 large cores clocked at 2GHz plus four Cortex A55 small cores running at 1.7GHz.
Manufacturing process of the Helio G70 is still unknown, however, Gizchina assume it’s the same as the G90T, thus the older 12nm. It memory support include LPDDR4x, up to 8GB / 1800MHz; meanwhile storage can only go as far as eMMC5.1.
As for graphics, MediaTek Helio G70 SoC is equipped with a Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU; with a frequency of 820MHz and a maximum resolution of 2520×1080 support. Cameras support for the processor is up to a single 48MP camera or a dual 16MP combo setup.
MediaTek Helio G70 mid-range SoC is made for 4G phones and supports Beidou, Galileo, Glonass and GPS positioning; along with WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0.
MediaTek Helio G70 Specifications:
- CPU Type 1: Arm Cortex-A75 @ 2GHz
- CPU Type 2: Arm Cortex-A55 @ 1.7GHz
- Cores: Octa (8)
- CPU Bit: 64-bit
- Heterogeneous Multi-Processing: Yes
- Memory Type: LPDDR4x
- Max Memory Frequency: 1800MHz
- Max Memory Size: 8GB
- Storage Type: eMMC 5.1
- Cellular Technologies: 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), 4G FDD / TDD, HSPA +
- Specific Functions: DL/UL CA, TAS 2.0, HPUE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WoWi-Fi), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71
- LTE Category: Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL
- GNSS: Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, GPS
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5 (a/b/g/n/ac)
- Bluetooth Version: 5.0
- FM Radio: Yes
This processor is tout to compete with Snapdragon 710 despite not having top Specs. According to Chinese media, this SoC will be used on smartphone costing about 1000 Yuan, around $140 (roughly N50,000).