The Chinese computing giant on Tuesday announced Lenovo Z6 Pro on an event in China. However, the Z6 pro succeeds Lenovo Z5 pro which was launched last year November. The new smartphone sports waterdrop-style notch, 3D curved glass back with Gorilla Glass protection available on the front.
Other highlights of the Lenovo Z6 Pro include an AI-powered quad-camera setup, next-generation in-display fingerprint sensor, a liquid-cooling system, and Snapdragon 855 SoC.
- Display: 6.39-inch
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Front Camera: 32-megapixel
- RAM: 6/8/12GB
- OS: Android Pie
- Storage: 128GB
- Rear Camera: 48-megapixel + 16-megapixel + 8-megapixel + 2-megapixel
- Battery Capacity: 4000mAh
Display and Design
The dual-SIM (Nano) Lenovo Z6 Pro sports a 6.39-inch AMOLED display with support for DC dimming and HDR 10.
Hardware and Software
It runs on Android 9 Pie with ZUI 11 on top, which includes a number of software enhancements like Game Turbo mode, U-Touch, U Health, and more. Lenovo Z6 Pro is powered by Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 855 SoC, coupled with Adreno 640 GPU and 6GB/ 8GB/ 12GB RAM variants.
Lenovo also added PC-grade Coldfront liquid cooling system in the Z6 Pro for better heat dissipation and management. The phone features up to 512GB of onboard storage, a 4,000mAh battery onboard which supports 27W fast charging as well as reverse charging.
Lenovo Z6 Pro Camera
The smartphone comes with an AI-powered quad-camera setup with dual-LED flash. The camera setup houses a 48-megapixel primary sensor with an f/1.8 lens, a 16-megapixel secondary sensor with a wide-angle-lens, 8-megapixel sensor with a telephoto lens, and a 2-megapixel sensor. ToF (Time of Flight) camera as well as PDAF sensor have been included as well.
Lenovo Z6 Pro also supports optical image stabilisation and a number of AI-powered camera features in the phone like Super Night Scene, Super Macro, Super Wide Angle, Super Body, and Dual Scene.
Connectivity and Sensors
Among the connectivity options, Lenovo has added 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, dual-frequency GPS, a USB Type-C port. The phone also supports LDAC, AAC, and aptX HD audio codecs as well as Dolby Atmos.)
There is also an in-display fingerprint sensor, Face unlock support.
Lenovo Z6 Pro full Specifications
- Release date: April 2019
- Form factor: Touchscreen
- Body type: Glass
- Battery capacity (mAh): 4000
- Fast charging: Proprietary
- Colours: Black, Blue
- Screen size (inches): 6.39
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Protection type: Gorilla Glass
- Processor: octa-core
- Processor make: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- RAM: 6/8/12GB
- Internal storage: 128GB
- Back camera: 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 16-megapixel + 8-megapixel + 2-megapixel
- Rear autofocus: PDAF and laser autofocus
- Rear flash: Dual LED
- Front camera: 32-megapixel
- Operating system: Android Pie
- Skin: ZUI 11
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Wi-Fi standards supported: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: Yes, v 5.00
- USB Type-C: Yes
- Number of SIMs: 2
- Active 4G on both SIM cards: Yes
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- GSM/CDMA: GSM
- 3G: Yes
- 4G/ LTE: Yes
- Face unlock: Yes
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Compass/ Magnetometer: Yes
- Proximity sensor: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Ambient light sensor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
Lenovo Z6 Pro Price, Availability
The Lenovo Z6 Pro has been priced starting in China at;
- 6GB + 128GB — CNY 2,899 (roughly NGN 155,000)
- 8GB + 128GB — CNY 2,999 (roughly NGN 160,000)
- 8GB + 256GB — CNY 3,799 (approximately NGN 200,000)
- 12GB + 512GB — CNY 4,999 (roughly NGN 268,000).
The registrations for the phone are now open in China, however the first sale will be conducted at 10am local time, April 29. There is no word on the international availability of the Lenovo Z6 Pro at this point.