Miui 10 which was announced lately on May with about 20 phones from the xiaomi company to receive the latest update. The update start making it way to various eligibled Xiaomi smartphone on beta version. Today, the stable version of the xiaomi miui 10 update is being released but presently on few few devices which include the Xiaomi Redmi 4A and Xiaomi Redmi 5 Pro.
As usual, the new Miui 10 update comes with various added features and improvements which makes it right successor of the previous Miui 9. Below are features of Miui 10 updates.
Features of MIUI 10
MIUI 10 is a completely re-designed version of Xiaomi’s skin. The Update optimized background activity management, launch speed, deep sleep recovery, cache management, Wi-Fi, and a lot of other stuff.
The MIUI 10 is designed for full-screen, bezel-less phones. It has new gestures for going home, backing out, and checking out recent apps.
The recents screen got updated as well. It now shows running apps on the full screen without wasting any space. Xiaomi’s representative mentioned that while the current standard in Recents is a horizontal view, it is not optimized for 18:9 or 19:9 screen ratios. Therefore, they switched to a vertical list of recent apps.
Xiaomi also re-designed the notifications panel to take advantage of full-screen phones. Weather and Calendar applications look completely new, too.
MIUI 10 comes with new and unique sounds. Notifications now have water sounds. Each one of them is unique, just like water droplets, so you’ll never get tired of them. Sudeep also mentioned that “no two notification sounds on MIUI 10 are the same.” So if you get multiple notifications in quick succession, each one will sound different. You’ll hear a sound of the sand when you delete things, like notes, contacts, or photos.
Ambient noises contain beach, forest, and drizzle sounds. They’re built into a timer app. So, if you ever feel the need to relax to the sound of nature, you can just set the timer and listen to the beautiful noises that will never get old.
Using AI helps to take portrait photos with only one camera, though that’s not anything new anymore. It also works on low-light and indoor conditions. This new method is built into MIUI 10, so all devices that receive MIUI 10 (listed below) will have the ability to take beautiful bokeh photos.
STRICTLY FOR INDIA
Xiaomi also showed us a couple of things designed specifically for India. The list contains Mi Music, Mi Video, and an updated browser app. It now contains a category for applications. Here you’ll see a bunch of Progressive Web Apps (PWA) for local services. The advantage of PWAs is they’re small in size, but they can still be dropped on your home screen and send you notifications.
MIUI 10 also contains a simplified paying method. Now you can just open up the camera application, scan a QR code, and pay for anything you want.
However, the last one is an updated messaging app. Now, when you get a message from a certain service, say a bank, you can go to their official site or find nearest ATMs/offices with only one tap. Sudeep said that MIUI has 65% sender identification rate, so that fact makes the feature even better. The feature currently supports 100 services.
As said earlier earlier, the new miui 10 is available only for selected devices which are;
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2
- Mi 6
- Mi 5s Plus
- Xiaomi Mi 5s
- Mi 5
- Xiaomi Mi 4
- Mi 3
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Mi Max 2
- Xiaomi Mi Max
- Redmi Note 5 India
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A
- Redmi Note 5A Prime
- Redmi Note 4 MTK
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
- Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm
- Xiaomi Redmi 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 5A
- Redmi 4
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S
- Redmi Y2
- Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite
- Redmi Y1
Here, i will show you easiest method to manually install the Miui 10 update to your eligible device(s) using either the Recovery or Fastboot method.
Device Recovery and Fastboot Rom Files
For Xiaomi Redmi 4A
For Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Other Xiaomi Devices
Get your device(s) recovery and Fastboot rom file by getting in here.
Warning! Before you engage in any of this procedures, you are required to have at least 50% battery charge. Also, don't use any of this method if you device is rooted.
Steps to Install Miui 10 Using Recovery Method
- After downloading your device Recovery ROM, rename the file to ‘update.zip‘ on the computer.
- Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a Micro-USB cable, and copy the downloaded and renamed ROM file into the root directory of the internal storage of your device. (Do not put it in any folder)
- Enter Recovery mode by powering off your device and then hold both Volume+ button and Power button at the same time.
- In Recovery mode, you can use Volume +/- to select up/down, and Power button to confirm.
- After entering Recovery mode, choose the language you use, select Install update.zip to System One and confirm, and then your device will begin updating automatically.
- Wait until the update is completed, choose Reboot to System One, and then your device should boot to the new version.
Another Way to use the Recovery Method
- Download your device Recovery ROM to your device. Place it in internal storage.
- Open Updater app, and click on menu on top right corner, then click Choose Update Package.
- Choose the downloaded ROM, and click OK. Wait for the process to finish, then click Reboot.
- Device will reboot with MIUI 10
Steps to Install Miui 10 using Fastboot Method
- First of all, you need to unlock your phone bootloader (you can do that by following the procedure here). Now download the MI flash tool and install it on your system and finally do a full Backup. Now download Fastboot ROM for your device.
- Once you unlock the bootloader, you need to enter Fastboot Mode. Do this by switching off your device and then press and hold volume down and power button simultaneously. It should power up the phone with fastboot screen.
- You can now connect phones with USB to PC, if your device isn’t recognized on your PC, you need to install Mi PC suite and driver. Extract your device fastboot ROM you downloaded, to a folder on PC.
- Open the MiFlash tool you downloaded earlier, and select Clean all in the right down corner.
- Click Select and browse to a folder where you extracted the Fastboot ROM and click Flash.
- It will start flashing the phone and will take around 3-5 Minutes depending on the PC and device. Please don’t remove or in anyway disconnect your device from while flashing.
- Your device will reboot with MIUI 10.