You might have been hearing about High Refresh Rate apps, meanwhile you still haven’t know what that mean. Before going to the steps on how to detect Apps that run at high refresh rate on your phone, let me quickly belief you on what Refresh Rate means.
What is Refresh Rate”?
Refresh Rate is the rate at which a display updates its content. The higher the refresh rate, the smoother will be the display. The Refresh rate is closely related to frame rate but its not the same thing. Frame work is known as the number of frames your phone is able to produce or at which the content is recorded.
The New Android 11 comes with a built-in refresh rate meter using the same, you can check your screen’s refresh rate in real-time while using apps or playing games. However, its not turned on the default as it requires you to enable it manually in the developer menu using these simple steps.
How to Turn on High Refresh Rate on Android 11
- Go to settings on your phone running Android 11.
- Click on about device, then scroll down to Build Number.
- Tap the Build Number for seven times, you’ll see a notification reading “You’re now a developer”.
- Now, navigate to settings > system and click on developer options
- Scroll down and enable the toggle for ” shower Refresh Rate”.
That’s it! Your phone will now start showing your phone’s current refresh rate at the top left corner of the screen. You can now run any app or game to check if it supports high refresh rate settings.