Alot of people have been waiting, many videos has pop-up, many teaser have been made and finally the Apple’s iOS 13.4 Update goes official. This update is one of it kind with many address issues. The update comes along with added features as well which makes it more amazing.
Among others, one of the greatest Feature of the iOS 13.4 is the ability to share iCloud Drive folder and can be accessed through the files app. For more understanding, it works similar to how you can share folders using cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive.
Apple goes ahead to grant iCloud Drive folder sharing support to controls users limit access to certain people who have been invited explicitly or authorized with the folder link. There are also permissions to allow changes and file uploads for some people while others will be able to only view and download files from the shared folders.
The iOS 13.4 update file size is 980.7MB (on the iPhone). Features like the addition to the new emoji stickers, universal purchase, and the CarPlay dashboard support third-party navigation where also spotted on the Update changelog. It also fix many bugs like i said earlier, below are the full update log:
Apple iOS 13.4 Changelog
- Added nine new emoji stickers, including smiling faces surrounded by hearts, fingers crossed and party faces.
- Share iCloud Drive folders from the Files app.
- Provides access control, allowing only explicitly invited users or anyone with a folder link.
- Allows selection of users who can change and upload files, and users who can only view and download files.
- Always show controls for deleting, moving, replying, or composing messages in conversation view.
- Encrypted email responses are automatically encrypted after configuring S / MIME.
Apple Arcade in the App Store
- Supports “Universal Buying”, with a single purchase, you can use participating apps on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
- Shows recently played Arcade games in the Arcade tab, so you can continue playing on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
- “View all games” new list view.
- CarPlay car dashboard supports third-party navigation apps.
- Information on the call will be displayed on the CarPlay dashboard.
- “AR Quick View” supports playing audio from USDZ files.
- “Enter prediction” typing supports Arabic.
Fixes and other improvements:
- Added status bar indicator when VPN disconnected on iPhone models with full screen.
- Fixed an issue where the viewfinder frame might appear blank after the Camera was turned on.
- Addressed issue where Photos may appear to use too much storage.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent images in Photos from being shared to Messages when iMessage is disabled.
- Fixed an issue where messages could appear out of order in Mail.
- Addressed an issue where the conversation list might show blank lines in Mail.
- Addressed an issue where Mail could crash when tapping the Share button in Quick View.
- Fixed an issue where cellular data might be incorrectly displayed as off in Settings.
- Addressed an issue where pages in Safari might not be reversed when Dark Mode and Smart Reverse were both enabled.
- Addressed an issue where web content text copied after “Dark” mode was enabled might not be visible when pasted.
- Fixed an issue where CAPTCHA tiles might not display correctly in Safari.
- Fixed an issue where Reminders might not send new notifications before marking overdue duplicate reminders.
- Addressed issue where Reminders might send notifications for completed reminders.
- Fixed an issue where iCloud Drive would still appear available in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote when not logged in.
- Addressed an issue where music videos in Apple Music might not stream in high quality.
- Addressed issue where CarPlay could be disconnected on some vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where the content displayed in the CarPlay Map might temporarily shift from the current area.
- Addressed an issue where the Home app might open another recording when tapping an event notification for a security camera.
- Addressed an issue where shortcut commands might not appear when tapping the Share menu of a screenshot.
- Improved Burmese keyboard, access to punctuation from numbers and symbols.
How to Download and Install iOS 13.4
The iOS 13.4 update is available for all iPhone compatible with iOS 13. You can check the availability of the update on your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Software Update. You are expected to have enough battery and data before embarking with the updating. Wi-Fi network connection is recommended.