Fortnite is taking it to another level after unveiling it’s mobile game beta, the release of the mobile version of the game is a bit set back as it was made to be available only for Samsung Galaxy devices.
The online multiplayer game is now rolling out in beta to a wide variety of non-Samsung smartphones with the first batch of invites having been sent out on email. Those who have been unlucky as to not receive one or have not applied for it yet, can head over to Epic Games‘ website and enrol for a beta invite to play the game on their Android smartphone.
Fortnite Android Beta compatible devices list
- Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge , S8 / S8+, S9 / S9+, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Essential: PH-1
- Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30+
- Nokia: 8
- OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6
- Razer: Phone
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6 / 6 Plus, Mi 8 / 8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
However, users who have an invite cannot simply download the game from Google Play. You will need to sideload the app and the installer by downloading the fortnite installer apk to make it accessible on non-Samsung Android phones. Those without an invite yet, can at least install the files and wait for the lucky email.