Captain Marvel secured the sit as the 2019 worldwide biggest weekend film. The film also brings to record to be the sixth largest movie of all-time. Since the official release of the film on Friday, the Captain Marvel is grossing $455 million (about N163.8 billion). Keeping that aside, $153 million (about N55.08 billion) was raised from its domestic US market, while the rest $302 million (about N108.72 billion) was gotten from all other markets.
The world most populated country China led in the international collection with $89.3 million (about N32.148 billion) following Marvel market in US. This makes it the third largest opening for a Marvel film in China.
List of Markets
- US ( $153 million)
- China ($89.3 million)
- South Korea ($24.1 million)
- UK ($16.8 million)
- Brazil ($13.4 million)
- Mexico ($12.8 million)
- Australia ($10.7 million)
- Indonesia ($10.1 million)
- Russia ($9.8 million)
- France ($9.2 million)
- Germany ($7.8 million)
- India ($6.9 million)
- Thailand ($6.6 million)
- Taiwan ($6.4 million)
- Philippines ($6.3 million)
- Malaysia ($5.6 million)
- Italy ($5.5 million)
- Hong Kong ($5.2 million)
Captain Marvel’s $89.3 million opening in China puts it third in the Marvel list behind Infinity War and Captain America: Civil War.
List of Best Opening Films
- Avengers: Infinity War ($640.5 million).
- Fast and Furious 8 ($541.9 million)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($529 million)
- Jurassic World ($525.5 million)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2($483.2 million)
- Captain Marvel — $455 million
With about $6.9 million, Captain Marvel beat out Deadpool 2 ($6.29 million) for the largest opening weekend ever for a solo superhero movie in India.